How important is irrigation to your lawn? You spend money cutting, trimming, edging and planting and you still don’t get the results you are looking for. Water is so important to your lawn and outside vegetation. Especially in Florida where the heat will do harm. Why do you irrigate?
- Establish good root systems in new plantings
- Reduce stress on grass & plants
- Improve hardiness
- Enhance growth and shoot length increasing the supply of carbohydrates
- Ensure flower bud initiation and sufficient blossoms for the following year
- Assist in the uptake of nutrients to reduce nutrient deficiencies
- Promote the green color of your lawn
Irrigation does not have to be a full blown in ground system. Watering can be accomplished with a sprinkler as well. The best times to water are in the early morning or late afternoon. Consistency is very important so water regularly.